Recipe #2. Quick Steak & Veg stir Fry
- 8oz steak (sirloin or rump)
- 1 small Mixed veg pack (or a half a mugful of each of the following – green beans, carrots, broccoli & corn).
- 2 table spoons of olive or vegetable oil
- A teaspoon Worcester or soy sauce
- A teaspoon of garlic flakes (or 1 garlic clove)
- Salt & pepper (alter to your taste)
Time to prepare: 5 minutes – Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Turn large frying pan on full heat until hot.
- Add garlic & oil to pan
- While garlic is cooking, slice steak into 1inch wide chunks
- Add steak to pan and fry for 10 minutes until fully cooked through
- While steak is frying slice veg into 1 cm wide slices (approx 6cm length)
- Add soy or Worcester sauce to pan & season with salt n pepper
- Throw all the vegetables into the pan and turn the heat down low or off.
- Leave the pan to cool and the veg to cook also for 5-8 mins
- Serve direct to a bowl or plate from pan
Note: Please alter times to suit your preferences. For well done steak, add 5-10 mins cooking time & 5 extra mins for softer veg.
I hope you enjoy this meal and if you liked it I will add more recipes to my blog. If you’ve tried this meal please tell me in the comments below! Thanks!